Palms debuts poker room, sports book as part of $100 million remodel
4 May 2012
A new sports book and poker room opened today at the Palms. It is the first new feature to be unveiled in a series of upgrades taking place at the 10-year-old hotel-casino. The resort’s new owners are investing what is believed to be about $100 million to give the property a facelift. By New Years Eve, the Palms should have refurbished rooms, new bars and updated clubs. About $3 million in new slot machines already have been rolled out onto the casino floor. “We’re an independent company so we have to step up to compete with the big guys,” said ...
Join the Discussion:
- New Las Vegas Strip arena to cost $350 million
- Here’s why hundreds of wannabe murderers are roaming our streets
- Sin City? Blog says the title rightfully belongs to St. Louis, not Las Vegas
- Company preparing to sell tickets for Las Vegas party train
- On tap for LV council: Olympic Garden rooftop pool, new retail near Mob Museum and energy codes
- Developer attains 'a real little gem' in ManhattanWest, now the Gramercy
- These five homes sold in May for how much?
- So long, Shenandoah? Wayne Newton expects to move into newly purchased home by month's end
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- The Fremont Street Experience no longer free at the Golden Nugget
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?