Downtown’s Plaza hotel to hire 800 employees, plans job fair
Courtesy of the Plaza Hotel and Casino
21 June 2011
The Plaza Hotel and Casino is looking to bring on 800 employees ahead of its grand reopening in September.
The downtown hotel-casino, which closed in September for a $35-million renovation, will host a two-week job fair beginning June 27. The job fair will run through July 1, and again from July 5 to July 8, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
The hotel is hiring about twice as many employees as it laid off when the hotel temporarily closed last year. The 800 employees will include about 300 returning employees.
Positions open at the Plaza include both entry and management-level jobs in the gaming, hotel, food and beverage, and marketing departments.
The job fair will be held at the Las Vegas Club, across Main Street from the Plaza. Interested applicants should go to the Plaza’s website to apply.
The Plaza announced last week that it will reopen to guests on Sept. 1 after an extensive overhaul of the 40-year-old property. Prior to its grand reopening, the Plaza will host a soft opening on Aug. 24 for its casino.
Join the Discussion:
- Meet five additions to Las Vegas nightlife and entertainment
- $32,000 penalty is a ‘sad end to a sad story’ for John Ensign
- Firefly set to reopen on Paradise after salmonella outbreak
- World Series of Poker online partnership was years in the making
- Sex education bill loses its momentum, dies in Nevada Senate
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?