The People: Oct. 22, 2012
22 October 2012
We want to hear from you. Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benchmark Litigation, a guide to the country’s top litigation firms and attorneys, recently recognized several Las Vegas-area lawyers. Results were based on a six-month research period that included interviews with litigators and their clients. Included in the 2013 edition were:
• Bailey Kennedy, listed as “Highly Recommended,” and partners John Bailey (commercial litigation) and Dennis Kennedy (antitrust, commercial litigation), as “Local Litigation Stars.”
• Holland & Hart, listed as “Highly Recommended” for litigation, attorneys J. Stephen Peek (commercial litigation) and Patrick Reilly (commercial litigation, real estate) as “Local Litigation Stars” and attorney Melissa Beutler (construction litigation) as a “Future Star.”
• Lionel Sawyer & Collins, listed as “Highly Recommended” for litigation, and attorneys Sam Lionel (chair of the litigation department), Paul Hejmanowski (managing partner and department vice-chair), David Frederick, Rodney Jean, Todd Touton and Todd Kennedy as “Local Litigation Stars.”
Ten attorneys from Gordon Silver have been recognized by Best Lawyers for high peer reviews. They were Christine A. Bricker, real estate; Jennifer K. Craft, trademark; Michael N. Feder, banking and finance litigation and intellectual property litigation; Thomas H. Fell, bankruptcy, creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization and bankruptcy litigation; Neil G. Galatz, medical malpractice, personal injury and litigation; Gregory E. Garman, bankruptcy, creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization and bankruptcy litigation; Dominic P. Gentile, criminal defense; Gerald M. Gordon, bankruptcy, creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization; William M. Noall, bankruptcy, creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization; and Jeffrey A. Silver, administrative/regulatory, gaming and land use and zoning. Additionally, Gentile was named “Lawyer of the Year” for his criminal defense work.
• Fennemore Craig Jones Vargas director Gary R. Goodheart was named Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” in banking and finance litigation.
• David Arrajj, of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, was named “Lawyer of the Year” in gaming.
The International Council of Shopping Centers presented the Galleria at Sunset with a silver U.S. MAXI Award. The awards recognize marketing, community outreach, sales promotions and visual merchandising programs by U.S.-based retail real estate professionals and companies. Heather Valera, marketing director for the Henderson mall, also was recognized, as were Senior Vice president of Marketing Jane Lisy and Vice President of Retail Marketing Paulette Caputo, of Forest City Commercial Management.
James R. Brewer has been named president and CEO of Bank of George. Brewer previously served as CEO of Town and Country Bank and president and CEO of Goldwater Bank in Scottsdale, Ariz. He has 40 years of banking experience.
Nancy Thompson has been appointed resident care director at Emeritus at Las Vegas. She will oversee nursing care for residents of the retirement and assisted living facility. Thompson has worked in health care for 30 years, 13 of which she specialized in Alzheimer’s and dementia care. She previously was memory-care director at Siena Hills Assisted Living in Henderson.
Michael Bertetto has been hired as international marketing manager for Bally Technologies. Bertetto will handle media relations outside the United States. He previously was brand marketing and public relations manager for Wynn Las Vegas and Encore.
Dr. Jill Oliver announced the opening of her second Glimpse Weight Loss, Cosmetics and Wellness office. It is located at 5990 S. Rainbow Blvd., Suite 100. Oliver also received a Patient’s Choice Award this year, given to the top 5 percent of physicians in the nation.
Eric T. Aldrian has joined Pisanelli Bice as an associate attorney. Aldrian will represent clients in federal and state court actions involving contract disputes, corporate governance, fraud and misrepresentation claims, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duties. Prior to joining Pisanelli Bice, Aldrian worked in the Las Vegas office of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck.
Join the Discussion:
- It’s back! New Wet ‘n’ Wild wins over frolickers thirsty for Vegas water park
- Deadline strikes: A look at major legislation that made, missed cut
- UNLV to face Arizona at home after deal falls apart to move football game
- New Firefly location welcomes customers, begins task of regaining their trust
- Stunned friends, family help lay to rest young victim in iPad slaying
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?