Boyd completes $1.45 billion acquisition of Peninsula Gaming
20 November 2012
Boyd Gaming Corp. of Las Vegas today said it has completed its $1.45 billion acquisition of Peninsula Gaming LLC.
Boyd now has 22 properties in Nevada, New Jersey, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. It’s also preparing to enter the online gaming industry with a license for intrastate online poker in Nevada.
“This is a significant milestone for our company, and we are pleased to be able to expand our footprint into Iowa and Kansas, as well as add additional markets in Louisiana,” Boyd CEO Keith Smith said in a statement.
“Boyd Gaming and Peninsula share very similar cultures and business models, as both companies are known for delivering great customer service, operating efficiently and giving back to our communities,” Smith said. “We welcome our new colleagues to Boyd Gaming, and together we will build upon the Peninsula team’s successes in the years to come.”
Join the Discussion:
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Developer breaking ground on an office project — a rarity these days
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?