Station Casinos partners with El Cortez to manage sports book
13 July 2011
Station Casinos announced today it has signed an agreement with the El Cortez to manage the downtown casino’s race and sports book.
The partnership marks Station’s first venture into sports book management outside of its local casinos. The company operates the race and sports books inside its 16 Southern Nevada casinos.
The El Cortez race and sports book would operate Station’s Wagering Integrated Network, which allows race and sports wagers across Station Casinos’ properties, including online and over the phone bets. The agreement will also allow bettors to participate in Station’s promotions and giveaways.
The El Cortez race and sports book is operated by South Point owner Michael Gaughan, whose father, Jackie Gaughan, owned the El Cortez until 2008 when he sold his stake to the Epstein family and partners. Gaughan had owned the hotel since 1963.
Pending regulatory approval, Station Casinos would take over the El Cortez race and sports book early next month.
Join the Discussion:
- Genting planning art exhibits, dragon dancers — even before Resorts World opens
- For Tom Cunningham and most other stabbing victims, much pain, no justice
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- North Las Vegas set to decide on controversial mortgage-seizure plan
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- Developer attains 'a real little gem' in ManhattanWest, now the Gramercy
- These five homes sold in May for how much?
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- So long, Shenandoah? Wayne Newton expects to move into newly purchased home by month's end
- The Fremont Street Experience no longer free at the Golden Nugget
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?