This is a press release submitted to Vegas INC. It has not been verified or edited by Vegas INC.
Park Place Infiniti fills a convertible with donations for two families from HELP of Southern Nevada
Published on Tue, Dec 18, 2012 (10:02 a.m.)
The holiday donation drive was part of the Circle of Excellence program that Park Place brought to the local Infiniti dealership. Circle of Excellence is an employee-led program dedicated to raising money for worthwhile local charities. The employee group has plans for community outreach projects every month, with its first being the holiday donation drive for HELP.
“Park Place Dealerships has a long and proud history of being active community partners,” said Park Place Infiniti General Manager Stephen James. “Circle of Excellence allows our employees to select the charities that they want to support and coordinate the projects so everyone can be involved.”
For the first project at the Las Vegas dealership, HELP suggested two families, each with three children, and a list of presents each family needed. Park Place Infiniti employees secured every item listed, along with many more. For example, one child asked for a small dollhouse, and the employees opted to purchase a large one with several Barbie dolls to go with it.
“It was important to us to get every child what they wanted and be sure they had plenty of gifts to open,” said Shawntelle Adler, a member Park Place Infiniti’s finance department and the coordinator of the holiday donation drive.
They also put together individual stockings with each child’s name and filled them with stocking stuffers. A convertible on the showroom floor quickly overflowed with all of the presents collected during December. Overall, the donation drive collected more than $2,000 in merchandise, as well as four gift cards to local grocery stores for each family.
Dozens of employees participated in the donation drive, while others volunteered their time to wrap all of the presents. And every Park Place Infiniti member who participated received a special ornament with the name of the child they are helping for the dealership’s “Angel” tree.
About Park Place Dealerships
Founded in 1987 by Ken Schnitzer, Park Place Dealerships is based in Texas and represents luxury brands including Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volvo, Jaguar, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, McLaren, Maserati, Lotus and smart. In June 2012, Park Place purchased the Infiniti dealership in Las Vegas, Nev. For more information on Infiniti cars and Park Place service in Las Vegas, please visit: www.parkplaceinfiniti.com
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Sheriff weighs in on pimps, cops, hip-hop and cameras on the Strip, and more
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- In writing book, Goodman ‘found myself to be a hero’
- IRS scandal reopens rift over Obamacare; Nevada lawmakers entangled
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Firefly, closed over salmonella poisonings, has had health lapses in past
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?