This is a press release submitted to Vegas INC. It has not been verified or edited by Vegas INC.
Southern Nevada GCSA donates $5,000 to EIFG
Published on Mon, Dec 17, 2012 (5:28 p.m.)
The EIFG is the philanthropic organization of the GCSAA, funding research, education, environmental programs and advocacy to foster a sustainable approach to golf course management.
"The Southern Nevada GCSA is a progressive and giving organization," GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. "The chapter has long been focused on strengthening the game through its various measures to increase participation and enhance the environmental stewardship of the course. This donation reinforces that commitment."
The Southern Nevada GCSA achieves Platinum Tee Club status with the donation. The Platinum Tee Club is the giving club for organizations that contribute a minimum of $5,000 annually. An affiliated chapter of GCSAA, the Southern Nevada GCSA is also recognized at the Governor's Club level for organizations that have contributed between $50,000 - $99,999 since 1987.
"Our chapter is keenly attuned to the need of turfgrass research and the foundation it serves for the game," Southern Nevada GCSA President Robert J. Wright said. "We are committed to the Environmental Institute for Golf because it delivers solutions that benefit not only golf course superintendents, but facilities and golfers as well."
About the EIFG
The EIFG is the philanthropic organization of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, and has as its mission to foster sustainability through research, awareness, education, programs and scholarships for the benefit of golf course management professionals, golf facilities and the game. With respect for the game and the environment, the EIFG inspires environmental, social and economic progress through golf for the benefit of communities. Collaboration between the golf industry, environmental interests and communities will lead to programs and services beneficial to all who come into contact with the game of golf. Visit the EIFG at www.eifg.org.
GCSAA is a leading golf organization golf organization and has as its focus golf course management. Since 1926, GCSAA has been the top professional association for the men and women who manage golf courses in the United States and worldwide. From its headquarters in Lawrence, Kan., the association provides education, information and representation to 19,000 members in more than 72 countries. GCSAA's mission is to serve its members, advance their profession and enhance the enjoyment, growth and vitality of the game of golf. Find GCSAA on Facebook, follow GCSAA on Twitter, and visit GCSAA at www.gcsaa.org.
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare
- Firefly owner enlists new PR firm after salmonella outbreak
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?