Paul Delos Santos
Paul is a Las Vegas native and graduated from UNLV in 2007. He worked in St. George, Utah, for the Spectrum & Daily News before coming to the Sun. He lives in a constant cycle of eating, sleeping, working and suffering disappointment from his favorite sports teams.
- Now open: A boozy bakery, a Strip shoe store and a Prohibition-era bar
- Monday, Dec. 9, 2013
- A mother-daughter team opens a bakery in Las Vegas and a discount shoe store opens on the Strip. Also, a downtown casino goes retro and serves alcoholic drinks in coffee mugs to honor a bygone era.
- Now open: Meatballs headed to the Strip, yogurt to the suburbs
- Monday, Dec. 2, 2013
- An Italian meatball restaurant is coming to the Strip, a downtown bar gets an update and a coffee giant returns to round-the-clock service.
- Now open: A store of the future and a superhero theater
- Monday, Nov. 25, 2013
- A big-box retailer renovates eight of its valley stores, while superheroes come to the Strip in wax form. Also, a cellphone giant introduced what it calls a “store of the future," and a new restaurant opened to serve farm-fresh meals.
- Now open: Finding the next popular dining spot
- Monday, Nov. 18, 2013
- A new bar at Tivoli Village hopes to become the next hip spot to hang out, and a soon-to-arrive burger joint plans to serve a twist on American classics.
- Gamers get chance to test drive Xbox One in Las Vegas
- Monday, Nov. 11, 2013
- As companies begin rolling out the next-generation of video game consoles for the holiday season, Microsoft is offering gamers a chance to test drive the latest in its line.
- Openings and closings: Casinos change their dining lineup
- Monday, Nov. 11, 2013
- Casinos constantly shuffle their gaming and entertainment options to keep things fresh and new. Food and dining is no exception. The M Resort says goodbye to two eateries and plans to welcome two more, while the Forum Shops shuttered one of its dining standbys.
- Openings and closings: Goodbye, Casino MonteLago; hello, Downtown Grand
- Monday, Nov. 4, 2013
- A high-end jewelry buyer opened its first location on the Strip, while a native Nevadan is bringing his family-owned pawnshop to a new location. Also new to the valley: a pop-up holiday store, a Japanese restaurant and a downtown casino.
- Now open: Comfort food restaurants and a gym where you can work the calories off
- Monday, Oct. 28, 2013
- Several longtime favorite restaurants expanded to new locations and a fitness expert opened a gym where those who indulged can work off the grub.
- Openings and closings: Seafood options on the rise
- Monday, Oct. 14, 2013
- Seafood in the desert sounds like an oxymoron, but Las Vegans soon will have even more options when in the mood for fish. Although Henderson said goodbye to California Crab, Hot N Juicy Crawfish plans to debut and the Crab Corner recently added a second location.
- Openings and closings: Bad news on the Strip, good news in the suburbs
- Monday, Oct. 7, 2013
- With Halloween just around the corner, folks looking for a scare will have one fewer place to go. Eli Roth’s Goretorium on the Strip shut down last week. And it’s not the only Strip attraction closing its doors.