Pashtana grew up in Las Vegas after moving from the Seattle area in 1996. She has interned at the San Francisco Chronicle and around Las Vegas. She studies journalism and biology at UNLV.
- G’day for Outback lovers in Henderson; frozen novelties pop up at new location
- Monday, July 21, 2014
- Henderson is getting a taste of the Outback once again. Elsewhere, another well-known national chain has opened a shop, and a late-night dining spot at Caesars Palace said goodbye. A gourmet popcorn shop serves up frozen novelties, and ...
- Downtown Grand adjusts food options; Presto Café offers healthy provisions
- Monday, July 14, 2014
- A Chinese restaurant and sports book deli at the Downtown Grand say goodbye as Japanese Cuisine By Omae holds its soft opening. Five Guys launches a new location ...
- Michael Mina swaps fish fare for Parisian theme; Cheffini’s opens shop downtown
- Monday, July 7, 2014
- American Fish closes as the owner promises a new concept to replace it. Cheffini's opens a downtown shop and Grass Roots Juice Bar debuts within the John E. Carson building ...
- Cowabunga Bay to offer guests a groovy time; lights out at West Sahara Firefly
- Monday, June 30, 2014
- A 1960s beach-themed waterpark readies for its grand opening as a small-plates restaurant closes another location, and Bally’s welcomes gay nightclub Liaison ...
- Mercadito offers Mexican cuisine; Chicago hot dog spot arrives without the attitude
- Monday, June 23, 2014
- The Wiener’s Circle and Mercadito arrive at Red Rock. Henderson awaits opening of the health-conscious Lyfe Kitchen, and Conn brings its appliances, furnishings and electronics to Las Vegas ...
- Kerry Simon debuts Carson Kitchen; Poker folds at Palms
- Monday, June 16, 2014
- Kerry Simon’s new restaurant opened Thursday while the Palms announced the discontinuation of its poker room. And Wildfire Gaming opened a new location in Henderson ...
- Openings & Closings: Hershey’s offers up celebratory Kisses; Sisley debuts Aria store
- Monday, June 9, 2014
- Hershey's celebrates the grand opening of its two-story Strip location as celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis opens her first restaurant. A sports bar known for its many TV screens closes for good ...
- F.A.M.E. debuts Asian market at the Linq; Eva Longoria’s steakhouse shutters at Aria
- Monday, June 2, 2014
- The Asian market at F.A.M.E. opens its doors as She by Morton’s closes after a dispute with the landlord. A Hawaii-based cookie company opens its first mainland store in Las Vegas ...
- Claim Jumper sets up camp at Golden Nugget; new store shows off Dapper duds
- Monday, May 26, 2014
- The Golden Nugget adds two new dining spots as a garment manufacturer sets up shop in Las Vegas. A French-Italian dining spot says goodbye to make room for chef Steve Martorano's new project at Paris Las Vegas ...
- Pure nightclub to close for remodeling; Sambalatte takes shot at Strip success
- Monday, May 19, 2014
- A nightclub at Caesars is being made over, a Las Vegas sandwich shop and pub are branching out, and a local coffee chain opens a new location ...