Pashtana grew up in Las Vegas after moving from the Seattle area in 1996. She has interned at the San Francisco Chronicle and around Las Vegas. She studies journalism and biology at UNLV.
- Downtown landmark El Sombrero Café closes, Lego builds up to grand opening
- Monday, April 14, 2014
- A longtime downtown landmark closes as a Lego lover’s paradise debuts. PT’s opens a new pub while an eatery offers employees a training opportunity. ...
- Polaroid hits the Linq; Moon says good night
- Monday, April 7, 2014
- A new photo bar offers prints and a look at Polaroid history as a penthouse nightclub closes at the Palms. Meanwhile, a famous baker brings his treats to the Venetian ...
- Sprinkles Cupcakes makes Las Vegas debut; Encore spruces up its salon services
- Monday, March 31, 2014
- Sprinkles debuts its cupcake and ice cream shop at the Linq as Claude Baruk opens his first salon in North America. A well-known hot dog establishment closes ...
- Finding a baby-sitter in the tech era
- Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Time was, finding a baby sitter meant calling whichever friend's responsible teenager needed a few bucks. But this is the technology era.
- Ghirardelli unveils new location; Elvis exhibition is leaving the building
- Monday, March 24, 2014
- A major chocolate manufacturer is fulfilling its promise to return to Las Vegas. Dessert destination Ghirardelli arrived at the Linq in late February. Also at the Linq, a frames and sunglasses retailer has set up shop. Elsewhere in town...
- Brooklyn Bowl puts new spin on live shows; Palms brings burger joint poolside
- Monday, March 17, 2014
- The Palms heats up its poolside dining options as Brooklyn Bowl offers a live music and dining experience. ‘Wichcraft says goodbye, and ...
- Hats off to new shop at the Linq; Double Barrel makes its debut
- Monday, March 10, 2014
- A chocolate lover’s paradise closes it doors as Double Barrel Roadhouse makes its debut. A family-owned hat business comes to town, and a beauty center makes a big splash at Town Square. Elsewhere in town...
- Openings & Closings: Truffles N Bacon arrives, Hachi says sudden goodbye
- Monday, March 3, 2014
- Original Diva makes its U.S. debut and Yard House expands to the Linq as a modern Japanese restaurant closes.
- Openings & Closings: Center offers health care answers, new pub on tap at MGM
- Monday, Feb. 24, 2014
- A mountain lodge-themed sports bar opens another Southern Nevada location and a burger joint says its final goodbyes. MGM opens Tap and a customer service center seeks to answer health care questions.
- Openings & Closings: Pin-ups are serving pizza, po' boys come marching into town
- Monday, Feb. 17, 2014
- Pin-up girls serve up pizza and a new po' boy spot promises a taste of New Orleans. Furnishing options are expanding in town and a breakfast favorite opens a new location. A Henderson restaurant says goodbye.