Pashtana grew up in Las Vegas after moving from the Seattle area in 1996. She has interned at the San Francisco Chronicle and around Las Vegas. She studies journalism and biology at UNLV.
- Openings & Closings: Truffles N Bacon arrives, Hachi says sudden goodbye
- Monday, March 3, 2014
- Original Diva makes its U.S. debut and Yard House expands to the Linq as a modern Japanese restaurant closes.
- Openings & Closings: Center offers health care answers, new pub on tap at MGM
- Monday, Feb. 24, 2014
- A mountain lodge-themed sports bar opens another Southern Nevada location and a burger joint says its final goodbyes. MGM opens Tap and a customer service center seeks to answer health care questions.
- Openings & Closings: Pin-ups are serving pizza, po' boys come marching into town
- Monday, Feb. 17, 2014
- Pin-up girls serve up pizza and a new po' boy spot promises a taste of New Orleans. Furnishing options are expanding in town and a breakfast favorite opens a new location. A Henderson restaurant says goodbye.
- Openings & Closings: Bally's staple closes while business opens new sports facility
- Monday, Feb. 10, 2014
- A Bally's favorite says goodbye and a new facility hits the Vegas sports scene. A national grocery chain shutters two locations in the area while a Vietnamese-inspired restaurant tours Asian cuisine.
- Openings & Closings: Bobby Flay debuts burger spot, steakhouse expands presence
- Monday, Feb. 3, 2014
- Food Network's Bobby Flay brings his burger joint to the Strip, and a steakhouse chain opens its second Las Vegas location. A locals cafe renovates as Smith's shuts down an underperforming location.
- Openings & closings: PT’s rebrands location, Chayo takes bull by the horns
- Monday, Jan. 27, 2014
- PT's Entertainment Group announces a new brand, and the west side of Las Vegas sees a flurry of business with two new bars and a comedy club. Meanwhile, Mexican food is spicing things up at the Linq with the addition of Chayo Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar.
- Openings and closings: Goodbye Bread & Butter, hello B&B Burgers
- Monday, Jan. 20, 2014
- A breakfast hot spot says goodbye, another closes for a major overhaul and Mario Batali opens a burger joint in the Venetian.
- Openings and closings: TV crew can’t rescue bar; brews come to Fremont Street
- Monday, Jan. 13, 2014
- A bar recently featured on Spike TV closed despite professional intervention. Elsewhere in the valley, a Chicago favorite is debuting, and an upscale burger joint is saying goodbye. Meanwhile, business is brewing in Neonopolis.
- Small-business lending is on the rise, locally and nationally
- Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012
- Good news for small-business owners: The loan environment is improving. Small-business lending locally and nationally is on the upswing, members of the banking community say.
- Skateboarding, physics collide in library exhibit
- Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012
- Youngsters walk along skateboarding ramps inside of Sahara West Library, testing out a board and taking in the images of pro skater Tony Hawk. Despite what it may look like, the students aren’t there to kickflip or ollie. Their knowledge of physics is what's being ramped up. “It is about skateboarding,” said Amy Page, who handles content and programming for Exhibit IQ, the company behind the museum piece.