Local Government Reporter
A Kansas native, Conor studied engineering at the University of Minnesota but switched to journalism because it was infinitely more fun. It was in his blood, too; he's a third-generation journalist. Conor worked for the Wichita Eagle and the St. Paul Pioneer Press before joining the Sun in 2011.
- When will local government offices be open during holidays? Here’s a roundup
- Friday, Dec. 19, 2014
- Local government offices will be closed at various times next week and the week after for the holidays. The schedule looks like ...
- City Council approves funding for Las Vegas soccer stadium
- Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2014
- A split Las Vegas City Council approved public funding today for a $200 million downtown soccer stadium, marking a major turning point in the yearlong debate ...
- Commissioners pick Glenn Trowbridge for vacant Assembly seat
- Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2014
- The Clark County Commission today chose Republican Glenn Trowbridge to fill a vacant seat in the state Assembly representing the northwest valley. Trowbridge will replace ...
- Did Tesla Motors open doors for Apex industrial park?
- Sunday, Dec. 14, 2014
- Since opening more than 20 years ago, Apex Industrial Park has found itself stuck. Businesses are reluctant to locate there because there’s not enough water to support manufacturing and other ...
- Soccer swing: How one councilman’s shift brought stadium plan back to life
- Thursday, Dec. 11, 2014
- Once on life support, a proposed downtown soccer stadium now is poised to clear the Las Vegas City Council thanks to a change of heart by Councilman Bob Coffin, a consistent opponent to using public money for the stadium. The key to Coffin's shift is a new wrinkle in the plan that would guarantee about $25 million for improvements to ...
- Las Vegas’ latest financing plan cuts city’s share of soccer stadium’s cost
- Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014
- Las Vegas released a new and likely final set of financial terms today that call for the city to commit $56.5 million toward a $200 million downtown soccer stadium ...
- Back on its feet, charity reaches for more
- Sunday, Dec. 7, 2014
- On a recent Friday morning, dozens of people browsed shelves at the Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada food pantry, picking up canned food, produce and meat.
- Interim CEO named at University Medical Center
- Friday, Dec. 5, 2014
- University Medical Center’s chief operating officer, Mason VanHouweling, has been named interim CEO as the hospital searches for a permanent replacement for outgoing chief executive Lawrence Barnard. VanHouweling has served as ...
- County approves sweeping regulations for slot parlors
- Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014
- The commission approved the changes in a 6 to 1 vote, with Commissioner Chris Giunchigliani in opposition. Although Giunchigliani supported most provisions in the new law, she favored a six-month grace period to allow bars to come into compliance ...
- County delays decision on gaming regulations for taverns
- Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014
- There were lamentations of lost jobs, protests over the high cost of compliance and even the threat of a lawsuit, but there was no decision today on fiercely contested changes to ...
- Photos: Awash in color and light, EDC revelers kick off festival
- Saturday, June 22, 2013
- As the sun set Friday on Las Vegas Motor Speedway, sensory overload set in as an estimated 100,000 people helped usher in the first night of the 2013 ...
- Photos: McCarran's Terminal 3 opens with Las Vegas-style fanfare
- Wednesday, June 27, 2012
- As a Virgin Atlantic flight taxied up to Terminal 3 at McCarran Airport, the pilot came over the loudspeaker to make an announcement. “He said not to worry ...