Meet: The Heart Brokers:
Single in Las Vegas? They’ve met your match
18 March 2013
Name of business: The Heart Brokers
Hours and days of operation: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Owned by: Stephanie Brown and Alex Simon
In business since: 2012
Describe your business.
The Heart Brokers is a personal matchmaking, date coaching and image makeover company founded by Stephanie Brown and Alex Simon, the “First Couple of Matchmaking.”
We have developed an elaborate proprietary matchmaking system, which includes personality profiles, in-person interviews, background screening and coaching, that makes it possible for us to find our clients a partner in much less time than if they were to continue searching on their own.
Who are your customers?
Successful and commitment-minded individuals who place a premium on time and value confidentiality.
What is your business philosophy?
Provide superior and unequaled customer service.
What’s the most important part of your job?
Getting to know our clients well enough to properly match them with compatible individuals.
What makes your business unique?
We are different from other dating services in the sense that we are 100 percent offline, and our clients’ personal information is not shared with anyone but our company’s staff. Safety and confidentiality are paramount.
What is the hardest part about doing business in Las Vegas?
The fact that Las Vegas is such a transient town. By the time we find a match in our database for one of our clients, that person may or may not be living here anymore.
What is the best part about doing business in Las Vegas?
Ironically, the fact that Las Vegas is such a transient town. A lot of our clients are new to town and looking to meet people.
What obstacles has your business overcome?
The business is fairly new, so our main obstacles are still ahead of us.
How can Nevada improve its business climate?
Unemployment taxes are a bit high, but overall the business climate is better than most nationwide.
What have you learned from the recession?
To expand our business in a more conservative manner.
Join the Discussion:
- Police: Suspects in fatal robbery targeted, stalked teen with iPad
- Coroner: Woman killed in apparent murder-suicide was shot, stabbed, beaten
- Witnesses offer ‘sketchy stories’ about Henderson brush fire, official says
- Coroner ID’s 3 people killed in wrong-way freeway crash
- Police release images of suspect sought in home invasion
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?