Nevada’s new tourism brand to launch next month
15 March 2013
The Nevada Commission on Tourism met in its quarterly meeting today.
The issue: Nevada’s new tourism brand.
The vote: There was no vote; discussion item.
What it means: The state’s new tourism brand will be launched April 9. Former Kentucky State Tourism Director Randy Fiveash explained how that state unveiled its “Unbridled Spirit” campaign with support from every state department, placing marks and logos on letterheads, license plates and state maps.
It’s unclear whether Nevada would have that extensive of an unveiling. The state’s new brand, under development for more than a year, is a closely guarded secret. Burson Marsteller has been consulting with the state agency on the project.
Join the Discussion:
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?