Economic agency approves deal to set up venture to develop, manage water
25 January 2013
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development on Thursday took a giant stride toward forming an institution in Las Vegas that is expected to become a global authority in developing and managing the world’s most precious resource: fresh water. The organization’s board of directors unanimously approved the terms of an agreement that would form the Nevada Center of Excellence, a public-private joint venture expected to be a leader in water development research, the commercialization of technology associated with water development, providing workforce training and driving economic development. The action was considered by experts to be one of the most significant moves ...
Join the Discussion:
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Caesars Entertainment announces changes in executive positions
- Former soccer coach, 36, going to prison on sex charges involving teenage player
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?