Mandalay Bay in midst of major facelift, its first in 14 years
21 January 2013
By most measures, Mandalay Bay had a banner year in 2012. It sold out its convention center. The Shark Reef aquarium set an attendance record with 900,000 visitors. Carlos Santana signed a residency at the House of Blues. That wasn’t good enough. Owner MGM Resorts International embarked on a massive renovation of the 3,000-room resort, the first since it opened in 1999. Construction began late last year and is expected to be completed by summer. “I’ve got more construction walls than I have real walls,” Mandalay Bay President Chuck Bowling said. Many of the resort’s original venues haven’t changed in ...
Join the Discussion:
- Developer attains 'a real little gem' in ManhattanWest, now the Gramercy
- These five homes sold in May for how much?
- So long, Shenandoah? Wayne Newton expects to move into newly purchased home by month's end
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- The Fremont Street Experience no longer free at the Golden Nugget
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?