Plan to bisect District with two-way street clears hurdle
17 January 2013
17 Jan. 2013 11 p.m.
Owners of the District at Green Valley Ranch are one step closer to replacing its pedestrian thoroughfare with a two-way street and dozens of parking spots. The Henderson Planning Commission on Thursday night voted 5-1, with Commissioner Sean Fellows dissenting and Commissioner Jerry Mansfield absent, to let a new roadway be built through the District’s main outdoor shopping area. The street would extend from retail tenant Recreational Equipment Inc. to Green Valley Ranch Resort. The City Council is expected to vote on the plans on Feb. 5. With the $5 million makeover, Phoenix-based Vestar Development hopes to boost business at ...
Join the Discussion:
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Sheriff weighs in on pimps, cops, hip-hop and cameras on the Strip, and more
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- In writing book, Goodman ‘found myself to be a hero’
- IRS scandal reopens rift over Obamacare; Nevada lawmakers entangled
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Firefly, closed over salmonella poisonings, has had health lapses in past
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?