Record number of taxis loaded at Las Vegas airport
9 January 2013
The arrival of the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show this week helped shatter a year-old record for the most taxis loaded in a single day at McCarran International Airport. Airport officials said that on Monday, 17,084 taxis were loaded at Terminals 1 and 3. The previous record was 14,495 on Jan. 5, 2011, also during CES. During the peak of arrivals on Monday, customers waited 30 minutes to board a cab, officials said. Officials speculate the increase could be attributed to more airport arrivals and a larger loading area at Terminal 3, which opened in June. Shorter wait times for ...
Join the Discussion:
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- Developer breaking ground on an office project — a rarity these days
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?