Convention center improvement district presentation to be delayed
12 February 2013
A presentation on a proposed multimillion-dollar improvement district for the Las Vegas Convention Center is expected to be postponed today because of illness.
Rossi Ralenkotter, president and CEO of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, was scheduled to provide details about the district to the LVCVA’s board of directors today.
A spokeswoman for the LVCVA said Ralenkotter is ill and is critical to the presentation, so the matter is expected to be removed from today’s agenda.
Last month, Ralenkotter outlined plans to refurbish the Convention Center, build a World Trade Center facility on the campus and turn a parking lot at the center into a multimodal transportation center. ]
Officials said today’s scheduled presentation will likely be rescheduled as a special meeting of the board later this month.
Join the Discussion:
- Developer attains 'a real little gem' in ManhattanWest, now the Gramercy
- These five homes sold in May for how much?
- So long, Shenandoah? Wayne Newton expects to move into newly purchased home by month's end
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- The Fremont Street Experience no longer free at the Golden Nugget
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?