Rapper to unveil tequila for ‘hip, urban savvy consumers’
Joe Fury/9 Group
7 February 2013
Rapper and television star Xzibit will be in Las Vegas on Friday to launch a new signature tequila brand.
Xzibit, 38, will autograph bottles of Bonita Platinum Tequila from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Lee's Discount Liquors at the intersection of South Rainbow Boulevard and West Flamingo Road. Xzibit is planning similar stops in 33 cities across the country over the next 20 months.
The tequila was developed by Chris Brown, who started the Bonita Spirits company in 2010. The spirit is distilled from organic agave from Jalisco, Mexico and is bottled in crystal and wrapped in satin.
Brown sent one of the first bottles he made to Xzibit, who signed on as a partner. The pair is marketing the drink to "hip, urban savvy consumers."
Xzibit, whose real name is Alvin Nathaniel Joyner, got his start as a rapper, working with Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Eminem. He also appeared on MTV's "Pimp My Ride."
The star is the latest in a long line of celebrities trying to make it in the alcohol industry. Rapper Flavor Flav debuted his LeFLAV vodka at Lee's on Lake Mead Boulevard in 2011.
Join the Discussion:
- New Las Vegas Strip arena to cost $350 million
- Here’s why hundreds of wannabe murderers are roaming our streets
- Sin City? Blog says the title rightfully belongs to St. Louis, not Las Vegas
- GOP bill would feed new funding to stalled Yucca project
- Company preparing to sell tickets for Las Vegas party train
- Developer attains 'a real little gem' in ManhattanWest, now the Gramercy
- These five homes sold in May for how much?
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- The Fremont Street Experience no longer free at the Golden Nugget
- So long, Shenandoah? Wayne Newton expects to move into newly purchased home by month's end
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?