Coming to downtown Las Vegas: SlotZilla, the world’s largest slot machine/zip line launch pad
27 November 2012
27 Nov. 2012 5:25 p.m.
What’s billed as the world’s largest slot machine will dispense people instead of cash in June when the Fremont Street Experience unveils SlotZilla, a towering launch pad for new permanent zip lines beneath Fremont’s LED canopy. Ground will be broken after the New Year’s holiday on the 120-foot tower that will double capacity on the existing temporary zip-line attraction that will feature a first-of-its-kind “power launch” system to shoot riders at accelerated speeds. Fremont Street officials gave details on the $11 million attraction at a media event today. A 6-foot model of SlotZilla was unveiled at the event, which was ...
Join the Discussion:
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- County elections chief to serve on presidential panel to streamline voting
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?