Pedestrians could be kicked to curb at The District under new plan
21 November 2012
Pedestrians strolling through the District at Green Valley Ranch might soon be replaced with drivers jostling for parking spots. Owners of the Henderson mixed-use center filed plans with the city on Monday to replace the main pathway that runs between many stores with a roadway and dozens of parking spaces. The two-way street would extend from retail tenant Recreational Equipment Inc. to the Green Valley Ranch Resort, letting people drive through The District’s outdoor shopping area to the resort’s casino. The new street would have several crosswalks and 21 parking spots on the north side of the road, with another ...
Join the Discussion:
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Myth of the casino maze debunked: Casino companies are starting to encourage customers to head outside
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?