Spirit Airlines flight attendants picket in Las Vegas
19 November 2012
Informational pickets by Spirit Airlines flight attendants began at McCarran International Airport today, days before millions of passengers take to the skies for the Thanksgiving holiday. Representatives of the Association of Flight Attendants said they planned to picket outside McCarran’s Terminal 1 on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, after picketing earlier today. Spirit maintains a crew base in Las Vegas and is McCarran’s sixth busiest carrier with an average 19 daily flights. Union representatives say Spirit flight attendants have worked without a contract after five years of negotiations. Last year, the airline’s flight attendants authorized a strike, and earlier this year, ...
Join the Discussion:
- Firefly set to reopen on Paradise after salmonella outbreak
- It’s back! New Wet ‘n’ Wild wins over frolickers thirsty for Vegas water park
- Sex education bill loses its momentum, dies in Nevada Senate
- UNLV to face Arizona at home after deal falls apart to move football game
- Political heat derails plan to let Legislature meet in Las Vegas
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?