Even with slot machines, McCarran falls short as one of the best airports to kill time in
2 November 2012
What airport comes to mind when you need to kill time during a long layover?
Here’s a two-word hint: Slot machines!
But Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport didn’t even register in the top 10 in a survey of 5,000 members of the Las Vegas-based dating website MissTravel.com.
The site's “America’s Best Airports to Get Stuck In” survey went up in response to the large number of travelers stranded by Hurricane Sandy. The survey ranked McCarran 12th.
The website matches attractive women with generous travelers who are willing to pay the way for a companion.
What’s even more discouraging is that airports in dreary places like Pittsburgh and Milwaukee finished ahead of Las Vegas.
The best airports to get stuck in, according to the survey, are Dallas-Fort Worth, Pittsburgh, Austin, Milwaukee, Chicago O’Hare, Orlando, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Detroit, Miami and Nashville.
Representatives of MissTravel.com say the airports were judged on availability of amenities, cleanliness, entertainment, food and shopping.
Join the Discussion:
- It’s back! New Wet ‘n’ Wild wins over frolickers thirsty for Vegas water park
- Deadline strikes: A look at major legislation that made, missed cut
- UNLV to face Arizona at home after deal falls apart to move football game
- New Firefly location welcomes customers, begins task of regaining their trust
- Stunned friends, family help lay to rest young victim in iPad slaying
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?