Where does Las Vegas rank among the world’s top vacation spots?
Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
3 May 2012
Las Vegas has been named one of the world’s top 25 vacation destinations based on ratings from users of TripAdvisor.
The travel review website on Thursday released its “Traveler’s Choice Best Destinations of 2012” list. Las Vegas ranked No. 17, above Bora Bora, Los Angeles and Honolulu but below Chicago, Istanbul and Beijing. London topped the list as the world’s best destination.
The ratings are based on millions of reviews by TripAdvisor travelers.
“In Las Vegas, you’ll find restaurants run by the world’s finest chefs, opulent spas and sophisticated hotels along with penny slots, Elvis impersonators and indoor Venetian canals (complete with gondoliers),” the website’s description of Las Vegas reads. “Why come here? Because there is simply no other place on the planet like Las Vegas.”
TripAdvisor regularly rates destinations, hotels and attractions. The website recently named the Bellagio Fountains one of the world’s most talked about attractions. Las Vegas also landed fourth on TripAdvisor’s 2012 list of best U.S. destinations.
Join the Discussion:
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
- Two apparent shooting victims found dead at apartment complex
- Legislator pitches cocktail, an acquired taste, as Nevada’s official drink
- Bills live and die on deadline day in Carson City
- Reid, Sandoval among heavy hitters going to bat for compromise NV Energy bill
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Myth of the casino maze debunked: Casino companies are starting to encourage customers to head outside
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?