Cantor Gaming to take over Silverton sports book
18 June 2012
Cantor Gaming of Las Vegas said Monday it reached an agreement to develop and operate a race and sports betting book at Silverton Casino Hotel in Las Vegas.
Construction of the book is scheduled to be completed by the third quarter.
Cantor said the deal includes provisions for it to provide mobile gaming systems, including wireless gaming that will be available throughout the resort and in hotel rooms.
“By partnering with Cantor Gaming to build a sleek race and sports book that incorporates leading technology, style and service, we are bringing to our guests an enhanced gaming experience,” Silverton President Craig Cavileer said in a statement.
Cantor operates race and sports books at seven Las Vegas resorts.
The new Cantor sports book at the Silverton will replace the existing Leroy’s book, which will close at a date that has not been confirmed, a Silverton spokeswoman said.
Within the next few weeks, the parties expect to finalize details, including the location within the casino of the new Cantor book, spokeswoman Kimiko Peterson said.
Join the Discussion:
- New Las Vegas Strip arena to cost $350 million
- Here’s why hundreds of wannabe murderers are roaming our streets
- Sin City? Blog says the title rightfully belongs to St. Louis, not Las Vegas
- In love at EDC? Now you can get married at the festival
- GOP bill would feed new funding to stalled Yucca project
- Developer attains 'a real little gem' in ManhattanWest, now the Gramercy
- These five homes sold in May for how much?
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- The Fremont Street Experience no longer free at the Golden Nugget
- So long, Shenandoah? Wayne Newton expects to move into newly purchased home by month's end
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?