Senor Frog’s restaurant nearing completion at Treasure Island
28 January 2012
Treasure Island is about two months away from completing work on a new Senor Frog's restaurant and bar under construction at the resort, a spokeswoman for the resort said.
The spokeswoman, Michelle Knoll, said work was under way to replace Christian Audigier The Nightclub and Khotan Asian Bistro, both closed since last year, with Senor Frog’s. The restaurant is expected to open sometime in April and will employ 200 to 250 employees.
Elsewhere, Treasure Island’s entire 18,000-square-foot convention space and ballrooms will get a facelift sometime this summer.
Mystère by Cirque du Soleil, a production at Treasure Island, also is undergoing some changes. Guest seats have been replaced and are now slightly larger, and the final high bar act, the show’s ending, will become a trapeze act.
Construction on the trapeze shut down the production for a couple of weeks, and it will resume Feb. 11.
Although construction is visible from the Strip, resort officials the work will not disrupt "The Sirens of TI" centerpiece in the lagoon outside Treasure Island.
Join the Discussion:
- Caesars Entertainment announces changes in executive positions
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- Former soccer coach, 36, going to prison on sex charges involving teenage player
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?