Confirmed: Gordon Ramsay to open restaurant at Paris
13 January 2012
It's official: Gordon Ramsay, the quick-tempered and sharp-tongued star of “Hell’s Kitchen” and other TV food programs, is bringing his brand to Las Vegas.
Ramsay will open his first Las Vegas restaurant, Gordon Ramsay Steak, this spring at Paris, the resort announced Friday. The announcement came several months after it was revealed that Ramsay, whose eatery will replace Les Artistes Steakhouse, was negotiating with Paris.
“Few chefs in the world have extended their reputations to as many countries and into as many homes as Chef Ramsay,” Paris Las Vegas President David Hoenemeyer said in a release. “His fiery passion for excellence has been validated by the culinary world’s top epicurean honors, by his legions of delighted restaurant guests and by millions of TV fans. We at Paris Las Vegas believe that the addition of Gordon Ramsay Steak, will be an exciting new milestone in the city’s impressive culinary evolution.”
"Vegas has become a foodie haunt," Ramsay told USA Today. "They're coming for the restaurants."
Paris said San Francisco based EDG Interior Architecture + Design, which previously created designs for Rao’s and Bradley Ogden restaurants at Caesars Palace, would head the design process.
Join the Discussion:
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Myth of the casino maze debunked: Casino companies are starting to encourage customers to head outside
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?