Beyond the Rack to open distribution facility this month
8 February 2012
Beyond the Rack, a members-only online shopping club and 2010’s fastest growing e-commerce company, says it is almost ready to move into its new distribution center in North Las Vegas.
The Montreal-based company announced it would open its 52,000-square-foot distribution facility this month after being awarded an incentive package for the project last year by the Nevada Commission on Economic Development. The center, at 4031 N. Pecos Road, originally was expected to open in January.
Beyond the Rack sells clothes, shoes, accessories, beauty products and home décor in sales that last 48 to 72 hours, or until supplies of products run out.
Lori Krebs, Beyond the Rack spokeswoman, said the new facility would speed up deliveries to West Coast customers. The company boasts a member pool of more than 6 million.
Beyond the Rack’s presence in Nevada is expected to bring in $2.1 million in new tax revenue and produce an estimated economic impact of $175.6 million over 10 years.
Join the Discussion:
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?