Las Vegas housing market continues upward trend
26 December 2012
The Las Vegas housing market continued its upward trend last month.
There were 596 new home sales in November in the Las Vegas Valley, with a median closing price of $219,285, according to a report this week from Las Vegas-based Home Builders Research.
That compares to 365 new home sales in November 2011 at a median price of $204,221.
Local builders pulled 478 new homes permits last month, nearly double the 250 pulled in November 2011.
There were also 3,978 recorded resales last month. The median closing price, $133,000, was up almost 17 percent from $114,000 a year earlier, according to Home Builders Research.
Join the Discussion:
- After $7M renovation, Terrible’s casino now the Silver Sevens
- A month after wife’s death, Nellis technical sergeant confesses, police say
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
- Two apparent shooting victims found dead at apartment complex
- Legislator pitches cocktail, an acquired taste, as Nevada’s official drink
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Myth of the casino maze debunked: Casino companies are starting to encourage customers to head outside
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?