2 accused of embezzling nearly $6 million from Las Vegas developer
26 December 2012
26 Dec. 2012 1:29 p.m.
A finance executive with Turnberry West Realty and an associate have been accused of embezzling almost $6 million from the Las Vegas developer. Hope Ippoliti, western regional controller at Turnberry West, and associate Rocco Lazazzaro have been charged with 24 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, federal prosecutors said Wednesday. Lazazzaro also was accused of trying to extort money from the company and was charged with one count of attempted interference with commerce by threats and violence, prosecutors said. Ippoliti is scheduled to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert J. Johnston today in ...
Join the Discussion:
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare
- Firefly owner enlists new PR firm after salmonella outbreak
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?