Residential developer buys 208 acres in North Las Vegas
21 December 2012
A Southern California residential developer has acquired 208 acres in North Las Vegas. SunCal bought the property near North Decatur Boulevard and Elkhorn Road this week for $19.8 million, the company said Friday. The previous owners had graded the property and installed water and power utilities but did not build any homes, SunCal spokesman Joe Aguirre said. The company plans to seek revised entitlements for the property, which is already approved for up to 1,828 residential units, he said. Like Summerlin’s Howard Hughes Corp., SunCal develops master-planned communities by selling large swaths of land to home builders. Based in Irvine, ...
Join the Discussion:
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Firefly, closed over salmonella poisonings, has had health lapses in past
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?