Don’t bother to ask the TSA
Workers with criminal records and thefts from baggage raise plenty of questions
3 December 2012
A few years ago, a friend told a group of us that she had valuables stolen from her luggage while traveling for business. An experienced traveler, she insisted it had to have happened at our very own McCarran International Airport. While we expressed regret at her losses, I quietly wondered whether she had mistakenly forgotten to pack the items in the first place. As everybody knows, there is so much security at our airports these days. Theft from luggage seems like a long shot. Still, I got involved, making a number of phone calls and sending numerous emails to the ...
Join the Discussion:
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Myth of the casino maze debunked: Casino companies are starting to encourage customers to head outside
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?