Rare-book store with Vegas location listed among tops in nation
12 May 2011
Map of Shoppes at the Palazzo
3325 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas
A rare-book store with a Las Vegas location at The Shoppes at The Palazzo has been named one of the five best in the country by Forbes magazine.
“Collectors grumble about Bauman’s why-pay-less pricing, but an erudite staff and commitment to stocking ‘the best of the best’ have propelled this once modest Philadelphia bookseller to the top of the game,” Forbes says in its April 25 issue.
Examples of recent acquisitions include a first edition by Galileo dated from 1632 and the first edition, first issue of “The Sun Also Rises” by Earnest Hemingway.
Bauman Rare Books, founded in Philadelphia more than 36 years ago, has its flagship store on Madison Avenue in New York City.
For more information about the company, visit baumanrarebooks.com.
Join the Discussion:
- Developer attains 'a real little gem' in ManhattanWest, now the Gramercy
- These five homes sold in May for how much?
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- So long, Shenandoah? Wayne Newton expects to move into newly purchased home by month's end
- The Fremont Street Experience no longer free at the Golden Nugget
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?