This is a press release submitted to Vegas INC. It has not been verified or edited by Vegas INC.
Roseman University of Health Sciences Honors Bob Cooper with the 'Champions of Health Care' Award
Published on Mon, Feb 25, 2013 (3:22 p.m.)
This year at the “When in Rome” 11th Annual Scholarship Gala Roseman will honor Bob Cooper, Development Director for the City of Henderson. Bob Cooper has over 39 years of experience in economic development and has served as the President/ CEO for five regional economic development corporations in the states of Washington, Idaho and California.
Bob Cooper has worked with our co-founders since the beginning to help bring Roseman University to Henderson. He has helped with expansion and all areas of growth. In addition to that he has helped the health care professions by pulling together the Nevada Medical Industry Coalition.
“His efforts in forming the Henderson Collegiate Council have helped educational institutions in working together. In short, he is the embodiment of the focus of the award,” according to Barbara Wood, Director of University Relations.
In the past we have recognized people in the medical, educational, media, business, and philanthropy fields who have dedicated themselves to making a difference.
The Scholarship Gala is held once a year to raise funds to support student scholarships and services. The event will be held on Sat., May 11, 2013 in the Florentine Ballroom of Caesar's Palace and will recognize Bob Cooper for his outstanding contribution to the community and to the University.
About Roseman University of Health Sciences:
Founded in 1999, Roseman University of Health Sciences is a private, non-profit institution of higher learning with campuses in Henderson, Nev. and South Jordan, Utah. The university is comprised of the College of Dental Medicine, offering an Advanced Education in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics/MBA residency and Doctor of Dental Medicine program; College of Pharmacy, offering a Doctor of Pharmacy and Professional Continuing Education; College of Nursing, offering a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing; and an MBA program. The university is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and is an equal opportunity institution. For more information, visit www.roseman.edu.
# # #
- Meet five additions to Las Vegas nightlife and entertainment
- $32,000 penalty is a ‘sad end to a sad story’ for John Ensign
- Firefly set to reopen on Paradise after salmonella outbreak
- World Series of Poker online partnership was years in the making
- Crash involving Frito-Lay truck, Mercedes snarls morning traffic
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Report: Las Vegas among top spots to ‘flip’ homes
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?