This is a press release submitted to Vegas INC. It has not been verified or edited by Vegas INC.
Gaudin Ford to Hold Toys For Tots Car Show With Help From Local Woman Known For Toy-Collecting Prowess
Published on Thu, Nov 29, 2012 (2:22 p.m.)
“Toys For Tots is a great organization because they support our belief that no child should go without a gift in the holidays,” said Wesley Gregg, general manager at Gaudin Ford. “With Susan on board, we know we’ll be able to collect a lot of toys and make a lot of children happy.”
Many local car clubs will be on hand for the car show. Those who would like to attend will receive free entry with the donation of a new, unwrapped toy to help Ms. England reach her goal of 1,000. The event will feature a free BBQ lunch, a raffle of great prizes and an award ceremony in which guests will have a chance to vote on the best cars. Additionally, local food truck favorite The Wicked Wiener will also be on hand, as well as other local vendors. In lieu of a toy donation, a $5 donation will also be accepted for entry.
Ms. England started collecting for the Toys For Tots Foundation as part of a New Year’s resolution. Her initial goal was to use her couponing and bargain-hunting skills to collect 100 toys for $100, but she achieved her goal in just two months.
Ms. England decided to keep going and has currently amassed over 800 toys. She has even received a donation from the U.S. manufacturer of Zhu Zhu Pets, an electronic hamster toy, which wanted to help her great cause. For all the name-brand toys she has collected on her own dime, Ms. England estimates that she has spent between $500 and $600, well below retail price. She is ultimately hoping to reach a goal of 1,000 with the help of Gaudin Ford’s Toys For Tots Car Show.
About Gaudin Ford:
With a new location at 6625 Roy Horn Way, just of the 215 and South Rainbow, Gaudin Ford has received some of the highest honors in the industry, including the coveted President’s Award and Triple Crown Award several years in a row. For 86 years, this family-owned and operated dealership has been selling quality new and certified pre-owned Ford vehicles to the residents of Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, Paradise, Spring Valley, Winchester, Sunrise Manor, Whitney and the surrounding Nevada communities.
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Sheriff weighs in on pimps, cops, hip-hop and cameras on the Strip, and more
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- In writing book, Goodman ‘found myself to be a hero’
- IRS scandal reopens rift over Obamacare; Nevada lawmakers entangled
- Surging home values in Las Vegas expected to keep their momentum
- Lake Las Vegas, long viewed as a bust, is rebounding
- What the Firefly outbreak means for the restaurant's future and the alleged victims' pocketbooks
- Cowabummer: The planned Memorial Day opening of Henderson's Cowabunga Bay Water Park is delayed
- Firefly, closed over salmonella poisonings, has had health lapses in past
Will online gaming hurt brick-and-mortar casinos?